Sunday, February 19, 2012

In the server explorer "generate create script" is greyed out, whats wrong?

In the server explorer "generate create script" is greyed out, what am I doing wrong?
I want to generate a script that will re-create my DB schema on another machine.
Any help would be appreciated.
ThanksFirst of all you have to use the proper names otherwise we dont know what you want. "enterprise manager no server explorer"

ok that was my anal retentive dba!!!
now

Books online {Documenting and Scripting Databases}

at the bottom of this doc are instructions on how to do it.|||First of all you have to use the proper names otherwise we dont know what you want. "enterprise manager no server explorer"

ok that was my anal retentive dba!!!
now

Books online {Documenting and Scripting Databases}

at the bottom of this doc are instructions on how to do it.

Ill be more clear, Im Using visual studio 2003, In my server explorer window, when I right click on my DB the "generate create script" option is greyed out. I would like to know why its greyed out?
Im guessing by your answer that this faeture is only available on "enterprise manager" edition? Can someone please confirm this for me?
Thankyou|||first of all sorry i thought that you were in the SQL tool directly , it didnt occur to me that you were in VS7

nope, object scripting is a feature that is avilable in every version of SQL Server. this might be a specific trait of VS7 and i dont currently have it installed anywhere to check.
sorry

RDjabarov can help here, he uses VS7

No comments:

Post a Comment