Sunday, February 19, 2012

In SQL2000 what is = to MySQL's field type of LONGTEXT?

I just found out that MYSQL handels LONGTEXT and I know that SQL2000 does not
have such a field type. When I first was developing my DB application I tried
to use BLOB's unsuccessfully and ended up using an XML data solution instead
for large text amounts. (The application is simple field storing webpage
content.) Currenly I've configured the text fields as VarChars but that
definitely has some limits. Thanks if you can help.
SQL Server 2000's version is TEXT (a member of the BLOB family)
SQL Server 2005 has NVARCHAR(MAX) which can be used a lot easier.
Regards
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"bobobenito" <bobobenito@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:975E78A2-92DC-4300-AF7E-A1D73DC9DB58@.microsoft.com...
>I just found out that MYSQL handels LONGTEXT and I know that SQL2000 does
>not
> have such a field type. When I first was developing my DB application I
> tried
> to use BLOB's unsuccessfully and ended up using an XML data solution
> instead
> for large text amounts. (The application is simple field storing webpage
> content.) Currenly I've configured the text fields as VarChars but that
> definitely has some limits. Thanks if you can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment