Friday, February 24, 2012

Inadvertantly deleted detail row...

All,
I am a newbie and in working on an existing report, I inadvertantly
deleted the only detail row. I was able to get the report working, but
I had to use a group header as a detail row (fortunately I had a unique
value column), because I could not see how to add a detail row. MS is
very clear - whatever kind of row you are on when you choose to Insert
a Row Above or Below is the kind of row that will be created. Since I
did not have a detail row, I couldn't add one.
So, can you add a detail row when there isn't one? If so, how?
Any ideas, references, resources, war stories or good clean jokes on
the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
KathrynClick on the table so that the handles appear. Right click the handle at the
end of the row on the table header row and then choose table details. Then
the row will reappear.
wrote:
> All,
> I am a newbie and in working on an existing report, I inadvertantly
> deleted the only detail row. I was able to get the report working, but
> I had to use a group header as a detail row (fortunately I had a unique
> value column), because I could not see how to add a detail row. MS is
> very clear - whatever kind of row you are on when you choose to Insert
> a Row Above or Below is the kind of row that will be created. Since I
> did not have a detail row, I couldn't add one.
> So, can you add a detail row when there isn't one? If so, how?
> Any ideas, references, resources, war stories or good clean jokes on
> the subject would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Kathryn
>|||Kim,
Thanks so much! It's simple once you know it, but I couldn't find it
ANYWHERE online or in BOL.
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment