Sunday, February 19, 2012

IN SQL Server Management Studio - Can connect to database sort of but Icon isn't green anymore

Preface: I'm a newbie at 2005 and sql server in general.

I can connect to a sql server (2005 express) but I can only make views and not run queries. When I open up a new query and create it with query designer and click add table I see no tables, views or anything in the box. When I create a new view in the database I do see tables and views though.

The little circle part of the icon on the server in the left hand pane is clear now when before it was green. I still can connect to the database ok but I can't use the query analyzer for queries anymore. I need to do that because I do have some slow running queries.

~Capt howdy

Select the database first (ie:AdventureWorks), 'new query' and then click design view.

|||I'm such a n00b with sql server it hurts sometimes. Thanks! I am used to access but it is definitely time to step up.

~Capt. Howdy

No comments:

Post a Comment