Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Incorrect Time Zone

I have just setup up SQL Notification Services 2005 at my workplace and running an instance of it. The problem that I am facing is with the deliveryrequesttime and sent time in the notification distribution view. These times are ahead of the server time by 5 hours. The server is set correctly to the local time and time zone. I would like to synchronize the deliveryrequesttime and senttime to the server time.

TIA

SSNS processes everything in UTC time. I'm guessing you are offset from the UTC by 5 hours.|||How do I go about solving this problem? Is there a setting that I modify?|||I understand from your original post that you'd like to make SSNS process things in accordance with your local time zone. But SSNS works in terms of UTC so that it can process scheduled subscriptions for multiple time zones.

What are you trying to accomplish? If it's for reporting purposes, you can calculate the offset.

HTH...

Joe|||

This was the concrete answer i was looking for.

Thanks

Tha

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment