Friday, March 30, 2012

Increased Backup size for unknown reason

Does any one know what could be making the size of a backup get so big in SQL server?

I noticed if you back-up the same database in Enterprise Manager over and over (without making any changes to the database), the size of the backup gets bigger and bigger. To get around this I simply erase the backup and create a new one.

Now I'm experiencing the same kind of problem, different situation. I decided to make very few changes to my database. If anything, I shrunk the size of the tables and stored procedures... Now all of a sudden my database backup is 7 times larger.

What could be increasing the size so much, if I haven't increased the amount of tables or stored procedures?

What is the log file about? Mine is huge? Is there a way to reset it or clear it?

any help would be great.

Thank you,

AlecIf you're sure you're not making any changes are you adding/appending to the backup rather than overwriting?

No comments:

Post a Comment