Friday, March 30, 2012

Increase field size AND linked tables

I would like to increase a field size to allow input of up to 16 characters
versus the current 11, but the message is that I can't do the modification
due to linked tables. I believe the modification must be done at the server
,
but I wouldn't know where to start. It would seem that it should be an easy
fix if someone could point me in the right direction. I hate to call the
tech guys out to open a couple windows and type 16. The database was done i
n
access converted to SQL.
ThanksDear rtucker913,
Please post DDL or any example which clarifies your request.
Thanks in advance,
"rtucker913" wrote:

> I would like to increase a field size to allow input of up to 16 character
s
> versus the current 11, but the message is that I can't do the modification
> due to linked tables. I believe the modification must be done at the serv
er,
> but I wouldn't know where to start. It would seem that it should be an ea
sy
> fix if someone could point me in the right direction. I hate to call the
> tech guys out to open a couple windows and type 16. The database was done
in
> access converted to SQL.
> Thankssql

No comments:

Post a Comment