Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Increase # of chars Query Editor when looking at large varchar field

How can I increase the # of chars so that when I copy a varchar(5500) field from Query Editor back into my Query pane, it displays all the characters, and doesn't cut it off?That is a limitation of the query windows.You will have to navigate through the menu Tools > Options > Query results > Result to text > Maximum numbers of characters displayed in one rows (<- increase this here)

HTH, Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.wsqlserver2005.de|||Thank you, I know I increased that, but was looking at a record which only had a short length of chars to begin with so I wasn't seeing that the increase was actually working but good to know I was in the right place at least. Thanks!sql

No comments:

Post a Comment