Friday, March 30, 2012

Increase User connections

Can i increase the max user connections above 32767 ?
Thanks> Can i increase the max user connections above 32767 ?
What on earth for? Can your apps not utilize connection pooling? > 32K
unique users really need to maintain a persistent and active connection
indefinitely? Sounds like an architecture and/or design problem to me.|||Aaron, thats why i asked ;)
Can you please answer the other post on connection pooling for me ?
"Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]" <ten.xoc@.dnartreb.noraa> wrote in message
news:eb3cj1Z6HHA.5424@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Can i increase the max user connections above 32767 ?
>
> What on earth for? Can your apps not utilize connection pooling? > 32K
> unique users really need to maintain a persistent and active connection
> indefinitely? Sounds like an architecture and/or design problem to me.
>|||> Can you please answer the other post on connection pooling for me ?
I really don't know how to answer the question. It sounds like a theory
problem to me, not an actual problem you are experiencing. Personally, I
don't do anything special with connection pooling. It is enabled on the web
application, and unless every single web user establishes a connection to
SQL Server using a different connection string (e.g. with asp session ID
embedded), it should just work.

No comments:

Post a Comment